Rotary Club of Fayetteville

About Our Club

Subpages
Related Pages
Links
Files
Photo Albums
 
In 1979, the Rotary Club of Peachtree City, under the presidency of John Vogel, worked closely with District 690 Governor John Hall, Jr. to lay the foundation of a new club.  The formation of the current Rotary Club of Fayetteville was officially underway on May 12, 1980.  There were 18 in attendance at the first meeting. 

Present day members who were in attendance at that historic meeting include Parks Redwine, Marion Wells and Paul Oddo.  The Club operated as the Provisional Rotary club of Fayetteville.  Dues were $4.50 a week.  Carl Dixon, the Branch manager at the Fayetteville office of Fulton Federal Savings and Loan, was this club's first Temporary Chairman.  Due to a company promotion and transfer from the Fayetteville area, Carl resigned as Temporary Chairman and Paul Oddo was elected to that position.

The Fayetteville club was chartered on December 30, 1980, and became the 48th club in Rotary District 690 with Paul C. Oddo, Jr. as President.  The formal charter banquet was held on February 16, 1981, at 7:00 pm at the Fayetteville Ballroom (Fayetteville Elementary School on Hood Avenue). 

On December 6, 2010 we commemorated our 30th Club Anniversary.  To celebrate our past thirty years, members took turns sharing their favorite Rotary moment.  The heartwarming tales from our Rotary friends were the highlight of the evening. PDG Roy Strickland presented Past President Tony Fritz and Foundation Chair Hector Colon our club's 100% Paul Harris Club banner. 

 

 

 
 
Rotary Club of Fayetteville
135 Brandywine Blvd.
Fayetteville, GA  30214-1590